Audi C5 models (’98-04 A6 & ’99-05 allroad) came from the factory with various tech and gadgets however they lacked an easy access mobile phone/tablet/GPS USB Charger. Sure you could use the OEM lighter outlet however its’ location makes it cumbersome to have anything plugged into since it somewhat interferes with the gear shifter.
Cut by Caschy thereby introduces the USB Power Panel, version2. This version provides an updated fitment and a more OEM look. Version2 replaces your broken “e-brake”/”popup” cup-holder or navigation controls. THIS WILL NOT WORK IF YOU HAVE A CUBBY/STORAGE BIN or NAVIGATION CONTROLS w/PARKING SWITCH adjacent your ebrake!!!.(A version for that setup will be released at a later time). You will also need to retain the OEM “cage” in your console since our USB Power Panel slides into this OEM piece. The USB Power Panel provides dual USB charging ports to charge your portable devices. The specifications for the charger are as follows:
- 3.1A [15W] Dual-Port Turbo USB Car Charger charges two electronic devices simultaneously, eg. iPad, iPhone, iPod, MP3 Players, Digital Cameras, PDAs, Mobile Phones and other devices. (Up to 3.1 Amps for one port or split between two ports)
- Support: MP3 players, ipods, iphone 4s, iphone 4s, iphone 3G, Apple iPad, Mobile phones, PDA, GPS, MP4, Portable wifi, Amazon Kindle fire / DX and other kindles.
- Apple: iPhone 5 4S 4; iPads and iPods @1A to 2.4A Max
- Android Phones: Samsung Galaxy S4 S3 S2, Galaxy Note 2, Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX, HTC One X V S; All models @1.0A to 2.0A Max
- Other Devices: GPS, PSP / Nexus 7, Nexus 10 etc. @0.5A to 2.0A Max (NOT compatible with Samsung Galaxy Tabs)
- Provide the maximum charge speed to devices for uninterrupted performance of navigation and media streaming utilities.
- Sophisticated circuit design with over-heated, over-current, over-charging protection.
- Easy-to-see LED confirms whether USB charger is properly connected.
If your phone is not listed please verify the OEM charging rate of your phone with charger specs to determine compatiblity.
Optional – NFC (Near Field Communication) tag is available and placed underneath (hidden from view) the top trim piece allowing for the USB Power Panel to also function as an NFC communication tool. Not familiar with NFC? Read more here The tag will be mounted underneath the engraving of choice or if no engraving is chosen, underneath the top trim panel in front of the USB ports (side nearest front of vehicle). Only Samsung TecTiles ™ are utilized which should be compatible with a variety of different NFC capable devices however, please confirm your device’s compatibility.
What is included:
- USB Power Panel constructed with 3D printed ABS and CNC cut modified acrylic with your choice of engraving on the black colored top trim piece which complements OEM interior colors
- AGC fuse holder w/ 5A fuse
- +/- wire leads ended w/Butt splice connectors
- NFC Tag ready for writing (optional)
Want to customize it? Contact us with your engraving ideas or if you have other custom requirements
- Remove existing OEM console piece (e.g. “popup” cup-holder, navigation controls or the console storage cubby)
- Feed wiring (16 gauge) from power source/ground to the target console area (recommended power source is the 75x terminal underneath driver’s knee bolster however any +ACC power source is suitable) Note, cigarette lighter is constant +12v therefore, this is not a suggested power source
- Connect and crimp fed wiring to Butt splice connectors of appropriate lead +ACC(red) & -/Ground(black) of USB Power Panel
- Orient USB Power Panel with electronics housing nearest the rear of vehicle
- Tuck wiring into console out of immediate way of USB Power Panel electronics housing
- Remove “film” from double-sided tape on body of USB panel
- Install USB Power Panel by aligning the USB Power Panel so that it slides down into the console. Slide the Panel down until the top piece is flush with the surface of your console making sure the double sided tape makes contact with the OEM plastics underneath.Note, displacement of console carpet/padding and/or wire loom may be required to fully seat the panel.
- Connect +/- wiring to source (+ACC) and Ground points
Note: This product is subject to a 20% restocking fee if returned.